Wednesday, October 10, 2007

When You Are Very Very Very Incredibly Disgustingly Rich Like Me....

...only then will you truly love and appreciate chess as I do. I am just a simple (but incredibly rich) man who wants to do some good in the world. I have been sucked into this political mess because my filthy enormous swelling bank account affords me a modicum of relevance in the modern world. And so, with great reluctance, as befits my status as an unbelievably wealthy yet modest and retiring patron of the arts, I am quoted for no real reason by a NY Times reporter who mocks his subjects just slightly too obviously:

http://gambit.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/10/10/interview-with-the-uscf-president-a-chess-sponsor-says-hes-had-enough/#more-115



PS Did I mention that I'm loaded?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alas, it's impossible to write an article about USCF politics without at least one person looking like an idiot. I don't think the NYT guy (who does have a regular chess blog, after all) was particularly overt in his mockery.

Having said that... Very funny post on your part.

Derek Slater
reassembler.com

Anonymous said...

funny stuff, but obviously some important issues are raised; are the charges against susan and paul really true? if so, whats gonna happen to them?

Anonymous said...

If anyone knows how to reach Dr Moskow, he owes me $600 and he is avoiding paying. Is this normal for rich people? He referred me to some lackey who is ducking my calls for 2 months now. The lackey has given every excuse under the sun to duck the calls. It's rather humorous and pitiful too. I would like to see that money (small amount for him, right?) yesterday or so. Somebody find him and let him know. I will tip you.