Monday, July 6, 2009

hula hoops, juggling, perudo

Hi readers,
I know it's been a long time, but my computer broke. I have to get this one cord, but can't, huge nightmare.

It's called the AIW 9600 output adapter, but they don't seem to make it anymore. Any ideas, helpful readers?

In the meantime, my social life has picked up just as my virtual life died, so I've been having a jolly time, having houseguests, visiting Greg, sunning myself, playing games. Sorry there aren't more stories, I do have some funny ones to tell you, it's just hard to motivate to write when I'm sitting at a computer at work. (I'm teaching chess camp this summer, but it's just 8:30-12:30 Mon-Thursday, so it barely feels like anything.)
The US Chess School (Onischuk + 12 genius children age 10-12) starts tomorrow, so expect some photos. and maybe stories.



playing perudo in the park (Alan Stein, Greg Shahade, Susan Lin)

Greg thinks



Susan



Susan, Perudo Champion!

Alan Stein





Greg
this is all you are going to see of me

walking home






Jesse Kraai on my roof











chess camp


Greg and Susan, July 4, Philly, waiting for fireworks

Greg hula hoops while juggling, kinda

Alan juggles

more love from the graffiti artist
Greg, angry, with juggling ball

19 comments:

Mark Howitt said...

When I get better at poker I'll be as happy as Greg :)

Anonymous said...

I was in Jordan and I needed a computer cable so I went to the Compaq store in Amman. They don't sell anything there that I could see. It was just a desk with a computer set up for the receptionist. I asked for the cable and they said they didn't have one for sale. I asked where I could get one and they were doubtful.
I was going to give up when they UNPLUG THEIR ONLY COMPUTER to give me the cable. How much? Nothing, it wasn't for sale...
Maybe a stranger will give you the computer cable you need.

Anonymous said...

Well I gotta say you looked positively radiant at the World Open. So sun and social life does wonders...I gotta get on the band wagon.

Anonymous said...

There are a couple packages on Ebay that include the AIW 9600 cable.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=aiw+9600&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Anonymous said...

Betch'ya she is banging Kraii now, hence the radiant look.

Anonymous said...

Betch'ya she is banging Kraii now, hence the radiant look.

Unknown said...

What's with the hoops? Shahade on the cover of Chesslife, also in hoops, was one of the worst I've seen -- so bad.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

If you need that monstrosity of a cable to get your computer to work, I might suggest you need a new computer.

Anonymous said...

omg Kraai needs a makeover

Anonymous said...

Nice feet...

ATH2044 said...

That looks like one of them funky double-monitor thingies. They're weird & they're discontinued, but they're available.

If you just want a 128 MB video card with "normal" connectors [128MB 1x 2x 4x 8x VGA Out(15 Pin D-Sub)+TV-Out(S-Video Out)+DVI Connector], PC Progress has them for $39.99

You can find the exact thing you're using on EBay occasionally (& currently both the card you have & adapter for $25 on a Buy-It-Now)

Excellent feet, & nice tree placement also.

Anonymous said...

I dont understand why Kraai would want sloppy 10000000's

ATH2044 said...

Anon, I'd estimate you're off by six orders of magnitude & however much slop you put in.

Anonymous said...

I think you underestimate our esteemed blogger...to be more succint-- her level of promiscuity and admiration for high rated chess nerds.

Anonymous said...

well, I'm an IM, and I think she's a nice girl.

Anonymous said...

even though is says discontinued, i was able to add it to the shopping cart at http://www.svideo.com/aiw.html

Elizabeth Vicary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Personally, I'm in favor of anything that increases the overall amount of happiness in the world. I've heard that sex contributes to that.