Malik Perry -- Sebastian Dabrowski
6. black to move. the first move isn't that hard to guess, but the supporting variations are pretty.
8. An endgame study from Joel Yoffie. white to move
Emmanuel Ogunremi and Matthew Kluska
Emmanuel is a very expressive child. He's also 1300! and 8!
Danny Feng has won five straight Chess in the Schools tournaments with a perfect score (20-0). Today he won a completely totally laughably drawn opposite color bishop endgame through sheer force of will. Danny comes up to me after the last round and meets my eyes and says "twenty." It was awesome.
Jehron Bryant also went 4-0
5) Sebastian played 17...Nxd4 18. cxd4 Qxd4+ 19. Kh1 Qxd3, winning two pawns.
13. Ke2 Qd4 14. Bxb4 O-O-O (D)
If 15. Qf1 Nxb4 with two mate threats: 16... Qd3+ 17. Ke1 Nc2# and 16... Qe5+ 17. Be4 Qxe4#
Or if 15. Rf1 Nf4+ 16. Ke1 Qe5+ 17. Qe2 Qxe2+ 18. Bxe2 Nxg2#
7) 2... f6 3. exf6 Bxf6 4. Bc5 Qd7 5. Qh5+ g6 (5... Qf7 6. Rae1+) 6. Qe2+ *
8) 1. Nf4+ Rxf4 2. Bd7 and there is no way for the rook to get back to guard the pawn.