Sunday, March 7, 2010

you have to be careful what you say on facebook

so I notice in Chesscafe's newsletter that Abby Marshall's column this month is on the Max Lange. Some of my kids play this opening, so I checked it out, and then, since I haven't talked to Abby in a while and felt a little bad because I hadn't called her back last time, which honestly was more about how much I hate talking on the phone, I really can't stand it, but ok she doesn't know that. also of course I was interested in her opinion on my earth-shattering novelty. Anyway, I leave this message. If you don't have facebook, it's

hey, what do you think of g4 in the mainline max lange, instead of Nce4 (1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bc4 Nf6 4. d4 exd4 5. 0-0 Bc5 6. e5 d5 7. ef dc 8. Re1 Be6 9. Ng5 Qd5 10. Nc3 Qf5 11. g4 Qg6 12. Nce4 Bb6 13. f4 idea f5?) I found it with fritz while writing opening handouts for kids. or qxf6 nd5 qd8 rxe6?

so what happens? some guy who friended us both but who I don't actually know copied our conversation to begin a thread on the chesspublishing.com forum.

small world I guess.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmm...

Anonymous said...

chesspublishing.com forum will find holes in your analysis wherever you publish it.

Anonymous said...

Boris Alterman did a lecture series on the max lange. g4 instead of nce4 has been played but if I am not mistaken its inferior. I wish I had analysis in my memory to verify this right here but Boris's vid has the line. g4 was a popular line about a century ago if I am not mistaken

Randy Gunolo said...

Man, could you imagine if Lasker and Capablanca were Facebook friends?

ed g. said...

I don't know about Lasker and Capablanca on Facebook, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to follow Alekhine's Twitter feed.

Anonymous said...

Would you read Bobby Fischer's blog?