Saturday, June 20, 2009

three houseguests play games

Thanks for all your comments, readers! It warms my heart, really. In return, I will now show you some amusing candid photos of my houseguests:

Jesse Kraai

Alan Stein


Greg Shahade

Greg, Alan, and I are at a wine bar playing High Society, which is a great game.

not to brag or anything, but guess who won?


later that evening:

Jesse shows me online personal ads of weird looking Brooklyn women he might be attracted to. Greg and Alan play blitz incessantly.





Jesse shows us his second round draw against Igor Sorkin.

In other news, I went to see Kooza, the new cirque du soleil show, today, and it's fantastic, and also closing in NY so tickets are half price. go see it.

13 comments:

Mark Howitt said...

I think Jesse might have to work on his image if he wants to become a posterboy for American chess ;).

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Totally OT, but am I the only one who finds this creepy?

http://www.uschess.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=150575#p150575

Maybe it's a good idea that Lafferty withdrew from the executive board election. The USCF might have found itself on the wrong end of another lawsuit -- one concerning sexual harassment.

Anonymous said...

Now thats a fivehead.

Voted most likely to recede.

Etc.

Add your own here.

Anonymous said...

Jen wore some old granny clothes that's for sure.

Matan said...

Jesse and Greg both seem reluctant to part with their remaining hair.

I shaved my head as soon as I realised I would eventually be bald, but got strange looks. Apparently it's usual for 22 year olds to do this?

Matan said...

Ugh, I meant "unusual".

Ron Young said...

It's because were they to shave, the ladies wouldn't know that their baldness is natural.

Greg Shahade said...

I don't like the way I look with a shaved head. Also I'm v beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm an IM, and I think shaved heads are hot.

Anonymous said...

Obviously, women dig bald guys; otherwise, Jesse's and Greg's heads would be responding differently to prevailing market forces.

ATH2044 said...

"creepy?
http://www.uschess.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=150575#p150575"

Jen Shahade is one of the top ten women players in the country & Lafferty's critiquing her choice of clothes. I wonder if she were among the top ten supermodels, would he be as concerned about her chess?

The Kooza pic looks like the beginnings of an attempt to reenact Fergie's London Bridge if the Urban Dictionary [http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=london%20bridge&page=2] (which I hesitate to link directly so as not to offend the sensibilities of suburbanites & roobs reading this blog) is to be believed.

Leon Akpalu said...

But, Elizabeth...

How can you be surprised and entranced to see "well-dressed" men going into the Marshall club when you have these guys staying in our very own home?