Friday, September 18, 2009

another crushing blow for me:


not making the 20 most bizarre Craigslist posts. (my contribution is described here)
My favorite of the winners? definitely the bathtub noodles:

5) Woman to sit in my bath tub full of noodles, wearing a bathing suit "I will pay you $1 to sit in my bathtub full of noodles while you wear a one piece bathing suit. I will not be home, nor will anyone else while you do this. I will leave the key for you, and you will sit at your leisure. DO NOT bring any sauce. I will season the pasta after I return home prior to dinner."
(abridged-- click the link for more details, especially if you live in Pittsburgh)

and if you enjoyed these, don't miss Amazon's funniest review threads. One example:
Number of reviews: 167
Why it took off: Nuclear material doesn't usually come though the post.Sample reviews:

i) I bought this to power a home-made submarine that I use to look for prehistoric-era life forms in land-locked lakes around my home town in Alaska. At first I wasn't sure if this item would (or could) arrive via mail, but I was glad to see it showed up with no problems. Well, almost no problems. Unfortuantly my mom opened my mail, because she does not respect people's privacy. She was pretty upset to see Uranium Ore.

ii) I purchased this product 4.47 Billion Years ago and when I opened it today, it was half empty.

iii) I ordered a can of Uranium Ore to use as a seductive body dust, as it's much cheaper than those glitter body powders you can buy at department stores, and in addition I prefer the gentle yellow glow it gives to the gaudy glitter of those powders. Not only does it stay in place and glow all night at the dance clubs, but the effects of the radiation have improved my life significantly.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth - good grief!!! This is getting odd to say the least.

Anonymous said...

nobody here but us oddballs

Leon Akpalu said...

Hi, Elizabeth
I thought you'd like to see this:

Leon Akpalu said...

Oops: but I forgot to actually post it:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bruce-wilson/roy-blunt-r-mo-tells-raci_b_292260.html

Elizabeth Vicary said...

people like this are from a different planet, there’s no way