Thursday, December 25, 2008

let the right one in




You have to see this movie, Let The Right One In. Let's just say it's the absolute finest Scandinavian teenage vampire movie ever. In the above picture, the girl's familiar (seen fleeing, left) was bleeding a trussed up man into a bucket before he was disturbed by two girls walking their giant poodle.

Milk, about the life of Harvey Milk, the first homosexual elected to major public office (City Supervisior in San Fransisco), was also great. Sean Penn is fantastic, and Diego Luna is the only actor I actually have a real crush on.


I saw this photo and I thought, damn, he's really kinda hot.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy holidays to the awesomest blog in chess history.

Elizabeth Vicary said...

THANK YOU!


hurray

Anonymous said...

Milk is over-rated. If it wins an Academy Award for Best Picture then the Voice of Reason will be angery. But it probably will for the Academy feel guilty about picking Crash over Brokeback.

Anonymous said...

Since when does city council in San Francisco constitute "major political office"?

Interesting how literally every review I've seen for this movie uses this exact same phrase. What are the odds?

Elizabeth Vicary said...

not so surprising because it's clearly a very efficient wording to express the idea?

Anonymous said...

Let the Right One In was absolutely fantastic. I've got a weak spot for vampire flicks, but that one I'd recommend to anyone.

David Koenig said...

Happy holidays, Elizabeth. Just found your blog recently.

Dave Koenig

phishcake5 said...

Happy holidays Elizabeth :)

Anonymous said...

Please comment about my post.

Elizabeth Vicary said...

please comment in response to anon dec 25 4:51? I did comment-- that I'm not surprised people reused the phrase because it is succinct.

As to whether city supervisor constitutes major political office-- who cares? -- it's how the describers indicate Milk's sociopolicial relevance. I'm just including it as useful background to understanding my opinion of the movie. :)

Anonymous said...

If actors had FIDE ratings, Sean Penn would be like 2780. "Milk" is a great film.

Please don't laugh, but I saw "Twilight" recently and rather enjoyed it.